Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year Day

New year day is a busy day. You get dozens of calls with the break of the day and responding all is simply courteous and ignoring any equally bad. You get bored getting some unwanted and out of the way messages and calls that keeps you busy almost upto noon. You do not at times relish this unwanted rush except a bit from your near and dear ones especially from your someone special. I was maneuvering myself along this almost unwanted rush in the morning when the call bell of my house rang and I got my old next door neighbour of mine intrude into my limited space. After usual pleasantries he wished me an affectionate Happy New Year and with a cheerful mood took to a very hot news in the morning paper and wanted me to give my opinion. I wanted to avoid him in the first instance but keeping in view his respectable gait I had to indulge into and gave a simple comment over the issue to which he snowballed into a hot debate and things went on dragging with me till I was almost late for everything including my important response notes for my office. Ultimately I played a trick of getting up with a startling exercise just to show my laziness. God helped and my guest also got up to leave. Thus started my new year today and what'll be its impact on the remaing days of the year is not surmised by me and I leave it for my readers to report for me.

1 comment: